Citrix ADC Manager
Citrix ADC Manager is an application that integrates with Cisco's Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) to enable easy simplified configuration of Citrix ADC devices to bring the application level services required in Cisco's Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI )environment.
New dynamics are redefining IT and changing the way that applications are developed, deployed and delivered. In order to innovate and remain competitive IT leaders are seeking simple, flexible, automated, and agile infrastructure that better aligns with the needs of the entire application lifecycle from development to deployment.
To address these changing requirements in the data center, Cisco offers an architecture and operation model based on application-centric infrastructure. Cisco ACI takes a holistic system-based approach to IT. This unique approach uses a common policy-based operating model across network, compute, storage and security elements, which breaks down the silos of operation and deployment to dramatically reduce cost and complexity.
Network services and Citrix ADC
Citrix Application delivery Controller (ADC) integrates with Cisco ACI to provide the best-in-class, intelligent L4-7 services applications require, tightly coupling them with the network to ensure a high quality user experience. Citrix ADC offers a full suite of functionality to ensure performance, security and optimisation of applications. In addition, Citrix ADC provides full visibility of application health and performance to stay ahead of issues.
Citrix ADC Manager
Citrix ADC manager enables ADC functionality to be configured and controlled from within Cisco's APIC. The app affords automatic ADC configuration through seamless integration with Cisco APIC, as well as maintains visibility of Citrix ADC devices within the Cisco ACI environment. Administrators can quickly set up load balancing for their applications. WHAT ELSE CAN THEY DO WITH THE APP IN ITS CURRENT FORM?
Citrix ADC Manager eases configuration and enables administrators to:
1. Automatically discover Citrix ADC devices present in the ACI fabric
2. Automatic network stitching from ADC perspective(discover ADC interfaces and corresponding VLAN ids from APIC and bind them)
3. Use configuration profiles to configure applications on ADC instances
4. Automatically bind servers to ADC instances
Citrix ADC Manager also provides visibility of the application and ADC environment and administrators can:
1. View ACI Service graphs and associated devices.
2. Display a dashboard with visibility of the devices and applications.
3. Track key device performance metrics such as CPU, memory, throughput, HTTP requests per second
4. Automatically reflect the changes of the APIC side in the Citrix ADC manager.