F5 ACI ServiceCenter
Company: F5 Networks
The F5 ACI ServiceCenter runs natively in Cisco’s APIC, providing administrator a unified way to manage both L2-L3 and L4-L7 infrastructure.
The application offers enhanced ACI-to-BIG-IP visibility; L2-L3 network management capability; and L4-L7 application services to ACI workloads.
The F5 ACI ServiceCenter can also be driven as part of the ACI REST API model, which allow administrators to integrate the L2-L7 workflow into an organization’s automation and orchestration model seamlessly.
Highlights of using the F5 ACI ServiceCenter:
1. Single point of automation with enhanced visibility into Cisco ACI and F5 BIG-IP.
2. Suitable for both green field and brown field deployment.
3. Stateful application - saves data configured by the application.
4. Non disruptive- Deleting the application will NOT impact ACI and BIG-IP configurations.
5. Easy to automate - Application itself can be automated by APIC REST API.
6. Application usage maintains organization operational model and ownership.
1. Manage multiple BIG-IP devices (Physical, Virtual Edition, vCMP) by adding and logging in to the devices.
2. Self-Discovery of BIG-IP devices (Physical, vCMP) in the APIC fabric using LLDP protocol.
3. Visibility: View BIG-IP Network elements like VLANs, VIPs and Nodes, and co-relate them with APIC information like Tenant, Application profile and End point groups.
4. L2-L3 Network Management: Facilitates L2-L3 Stitching between APIC Logical Devices and BIG-IP Device (Create/Delete/Update operations for VLAN, Self IP, and Default Gateway).
5. L4-L7 Application Services: Leverages F5 Automation and Orchestration toolchain (a declarative API model) to deploy feature rich applications on the BIG-IP.
6. Dynamic attaching and detaching of APIC workload to BIG-IP pool's using the notifications mechanism from APIC.
7. F5 ACI ServiceCenter application upgrades supported.
8. F5 ACI ServiceCenter database import and export capabilities present.
1. APIC minimum version supported for 3.2.x: 3.2(7f)
2. APIC minimum version supported for 4.1.x: 4.1(1k)
3. Any APIC related configuration (logical device cluster, service graph template etc.) CANNOT be done through the application and should be done on APIC directly.
4. To enable and use L4-L7 application services, please install latest f5-appsvcs package BIG-IP device using BIG-IP configuration UI. (clouddocs.f5.com/products/extensions/f5-appsvcs-extension/latest/userguide/installation.html#installation)
Before using the application check the following:
Video Demo(s): tinyurl.com/F5ACIServiceCenterVideos
Feature and version compatibility matrix: clouddocs.f5.com/f5-aci-servicecenter/latest/support.html
Deployment and user guide: clouddocs.f5.com/f5-aci-servicecenter/latest